The Ten Inspired Names of Genesis
The first 10 INSPIRED NAMES in the Bible Gen. 5:1-29 Luke 3:36-38 …All dates are approximate..
1. Adam Gen 5:1 4004-3074bc lived 930yrs. Earthy Adamah Red Blood Dam is the root Gen1:26 Romans 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the offense of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.& I Cor. 15:20-22 But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep. For since by man came death by a man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die so also in Christ all shall be made alive. Brown Driver & Briggs Hebrew Lexicon p.9.
2. Seth 5:3 3874-2962bc lived 912 yrs. Substitute ,to stand in place of. Seth was a substitute for Cain because he lost his birthright of the firstborn when he killed his younger brother and Seth replaced Abel because Cain had killed him. Now Jesus is our substitute Rom. 5:6, For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly.& I John 2:2 For He Himself is the propitiation for our sins and not for ours only but for those of the whole world. He died in our place and He took our guilt upon himself. He paid the price of our redemption. Through His life and His blood and substitutionary death on the cross of Calvary. I Peter 1:18-20 Knowing that we were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life( Jewish traditions) inherited from your forefathers, but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless the blood of Christ. Brown Driver & Briggs p.1011.
3. Enosh. 5:6 3769-2864bc lived 905 yrs. dying. Rom. 5:6 &8 ,. Christ stood as a Lamb slain from before the foundation of the Earth. Adamah Rev.13:8. John 1:1 oldest verse in actual time in the Bible. B D & B.P.60.
4. Kenan Cainan 5:9 3679-2974bc lived 910 yrs. Possession Gotten or Begotten, Acquired related to the name Cain. John 3:16 Ex.19:5, Deut. 4:20 Eph.1:13-14 Acts 20:28 He Jesus purchased us with a price. The price of His blood and life. (the church of God which he purchased with his own blood)I Peter 1:18-19 ( stated above)Brown Driver & Briggs P.884
5. Mahallel 5:12 3609-2714bc lived 895 yrs. Splendor of God. Glory of God. John 1:14&18 Phil.3:21 Who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His Glory-- Col 1:11, Titus 2:13 Looking for the blessed hope Glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Christ Jesus. Rev 1:12-18. BD&B p.239
6. Jared 5:15 3544-2582bc lived 962 yrs. Descender to go from a higher state to lower state or position. To pour out to empty. John 3:13 No one has ascended into heaven but He Who descended from heaven even the Son of Man. --Eph.4: 10 He who descended is Himself also He who ascended far above all the heavens, that He might fill all things Phil.2:6-7. Jesus Who although He existed in the form of God did not regard equality with God a thing to be held onto, but He emptied Himself , taking the form of a bond servant and being made in the likeness of men. BD&B p.434
7. Enoch. 5:18 3382-3017bc lived 365 yrs. One year for each day of the year. Teacher master teacher Rabbi one who is initiated in learning or apt at learning. A scholar. Apt at teaching. John 3:2 Nicodemas says’(Rabbi “doctor of theology” we know that You have come from God as a teacher--)John 4:25-ff Jesus in the temple area at 12 yrs. Old and Luke 2:46-47 BD&B p.335
8. Methuselah 5:21 3317-2348bc lived 969 yrs. son of the dart arrow destined to die. When he is dead it shall come to pass. I Cor. 15:1 (3) 4, The death burial & resurrection of Christ is the Gospel.The year Methuselah died the flood came upon the earth. BD&B p.607
9. Lamech 5:25 3137-2360bc lived 777 yrs. Died 12 years before the flood. Overthrower King of Kings Lord. Matt. 2:2. The Magi I Tim. 6:14-15 Our Lord Jesus ------ He Who is the Blessed and Only Sovereign, the King of Kings and Lord Of Lords. John 12:15 Your King comes sitting upon a Donkey’s colt. , Deut. 10:17 Adonai Ha Adonaim Rev.19:16 on His thigh King of Kings and Lord of Lords, 17:14 BD&B p.541
10. Noah 5:29 2948-1998bc lived 950 yrs. Noah lived for about another 349 years after the flood. Peace and safety if you are in Christ you are in the Ark of Safety. If you are not you will be in the flood of God’s wrath. John 16:33 , 14:27 , Isa. 9:6-7 Prince of Peace. Israel will have no peace till they accept their Messiah I Thess. 5:3 Then He shall bring in the 1000 year reign of Christ on His terms under His rule of Iron yet Peace. This Story goes from Eternity to Eternity the Story of Redemption, Soteriology, Sacrifice, and final propitiation and eternal peace with a new heaven and new earth wherein dwells peace and righteousness. By the way Noah was born 126 yrs after the death of Adam. Noah was born14 yrs after the death of Seth. Noah was 84 yrs. old when Enosh died. Noah was 26 yrs old when Kenan died. Noah was 234 yrs. old when Mahallel died. Noah was 366 yrs. Old when Jared died. Noah was 84 yrs. Old when Enoch was raptured. Noah was 600 yrs. old when Metahuselah died. And Noah was 588 yrs. old when Lamech died. Abraham was 50 yrs. old when Noah died. The Babylonians called Noah Xisthrus son of Oliartes Chinese called Noah Yao or FoHi other names for Noah are Prometheus, Deucalion, Atlas, Theuth, Inachus, Osiris, Dagon etc. BD&B Hebrew Lexicon p.629
Written by Dr. James Phillips 1972
All material on sermonaudio.com/dtw and discovertheword.com is automatically copyrighted any Bible teacher or pastor may use this material but please give Dr. Phillips credit for the material by quoting him.